|Entrance Examination Classification||General entrance examination||Working people entrance examination|
|Graduate Course Offered||Graduate school of Fashion Business
|Graduate school of Fashion Business
|Fashion Creation||Fashion Management||Fashion Management|
|Fashion Design Course||Fashion Technology Course||Fashion Business
|Admissions Quota (Capacity)||50 (100)||30 (60)|
Application First Session
|APPLICATION PERIOD||September 25 (Mon) 2023 – September 29 (Fri) 2023|
|DAY OF ACCEPTANCE||October 21 (Sat) 2023, October 22 (Sun) 2023|
|DATE OF ADMISSIONS RESULTS||November 2 (Thu) 2023|
|ENROLLMENT DEADLINE||November 27 (Mon) 2023|
Application Second Session
|APPLICATION PERIOD||November 30 (Thu) 2023 – December 6 (Wed) 2023|
|DAY OF ACCEPTANCE||January 13 (Sat) 2024, January 14 (Sun) 2024|
|DATE OF ADMISSIONS RESULTS||January 25 (Thu) 2024|
|ENROLLMENT DEADLINE||February 14 (Wed) 2024|
Application Third Session
|APPLICATION PERIOD||February 8 (Thu) 2024 – February 14 (Wed) 2024|
|DAY OF ACCEPTANCE||March 2 (Sat) 2024 , March 3 (Sun) 2024|
|DATE OF ADMISSIONS RESULTS||March 14 (Thu) 2024|
|ENROLLMENT DEADLINE||March 21 (Thu) 2024|
|ADMISSIONS WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE||March 29 (Fri) 2024, 4:00 p.m.|
＊You can only submit the papers at the BFGU administration counter from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays during the application acceptance period. (Be sure the examination fee has been successfully deposited via bank transfer during the application acceptance period.) Depending on the results of the examination for the second session, we may not conduct recruitment for the examination for the third session.
2024 Enrollment/Eligibility Requirements for Examination
Applicants must satisfy at least one of the following conditions:
( [ 10 ] Corresponds to those whose mother tongue is not Japanese )
- Hold a bachelor’s degree;
- Granted a bachelor’s degree from the National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation;
- Have completed 16 years of school education outside Japan;
- Have attended foreign correspondence course of education in Japan and completed 16 years of school education in foreign countries;
- Have completed a course of a foreign school located in Japan that is designated as equivalent to a foreign university by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology;
- Have awarded (or expect to receive) an academic degree equivalent to an bachelor’s degree by completing course more than 3 years overseas;
- Have obtained an advanced diploma by completing a specialized course (4 years or more) of a professional training college designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology;
- Have been designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology;
- Deemed by BFGU to have academic ability equal to or higher than a bachelor’s degree holder, based on the screening of eligibility for application on an individual basis, and is 22 years of age or older.
Applicants are required to reach one of the following conditions regarding Japanese language proficiency.
(Only for foreign applicants whose mother tongue is not Japanese)
- Applicant has passed “N2” or “Level 2” or higher in the “Japanese Language Proficiency Test” conducted by the Japan Educational Exchanges and Services.
- Applicant has scored 200 or more on Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (Japanese language subject) conducted by the Japan Student Services Organization.
- Applicant has scored 400 or more on Business Japanese Proficiency Test (BJT) conducted by The Japan Kanji Aptitude Testing Foundation.
- Applicant is recognized by BFGU as having Japanese language proficiency equivalent to 1,2,3.
※Those who do not fall under [ 10 ] 1 – 3 above shall consult with BFGU in advance. The applicant is required to contact BFGU to fix the date of an interview.
※ Those who do not fall under [ 1 ] – [ 8 ] above shall consult with BFGU in advance. The applicant is required to contact BFGU to fix the date of an interview.
※ Those who are expected to complete prior education must be in the position
where they will successfully complete and graduate by March 31, 2024.
Eligibility requirements for the entrance examination for working people
(only for the Division of Fashion Management)
Applicants for the entrance examination for working people must fall under any of the conditions stated above and be 24 years of age or older as of April 1, 2024. The applicant also must have two or more years of working experience in the same type of job in a private company or public institution.
The working people entrance examination is conducted only for applicants to the Division of Fashion Management.
※ Applicants should be sure to obtain the “Enrollment Guide” and “Application Guidelines”.
Examination Venue / Examination subjects ※ conducted in JapanesePlease see below for the details (Japanese page).
Past examination question►Past examination question.(pdf / Japanese)（Division of Fashion Creation）
►Past examination question.(pdf / Japanese)（Division of Fashion Management）
A warning in regards to companies that
claim to provide entrance exam preparation
This graduate school does not have any affiliated companies or partners (such as portfolio preparation tutoring schools) to assist with entrance exam preparations. Please beware that we do not in any way issue certificates or other documents in relation to this.
If you have any enquiries regarding admissions, please contact us directly or any of our overseas offices for further advise.
We will determine your admission by making a thorough screening of application documents and examination results in a comprehensive manner. The result of the entrance examination shall be sent by mail, dispatching on the “announcement date of results” of each term. The announcement shall not be posted on the bulletin board of BFGU. We shall not respond to any telephone inquiries regarding the examination results to avoid misunderstanding.
The enrollment procedure will be deemed to be completed when the specified tuition and fees are paid by the prescribed deadline. Please refer to the tuition fees pages for further information.
- Please pay the tuition fees to the allocated bank using the bank deposit transfer form (sent to the applicants who have successfully passed the screening process)
- As a general rule we ask applicants to make payment directly at the bank teller.
- The transfer bank’s date stamp proves completion of the payment. Keep this receipt as your copy the university will not issue another receipt.
- The bank deposit transfer form for the tuition fee payment for the second semester is scheduled to be sent out in July.